Here's a snippet of the boys' current daily doings:
Both boys are sucking on their hands more now-a-days. Especially when they are hungry, of course, but just in general, they do it more.
Neither of them is rolling. I wonder when this will start.
They both coo, but Joel does it more. Henry grunts more. He only sometimes neighs like a horse now. I miss that.
Sometimes when I get them up from their crib in the morning, they have big toothless smiles for me. Joel's smile includes his tongue.
Joel likes to stick his face in crevices, like Benjamin's armpit. I think it makes him feel safe. Or he likes the smell of Benjamin's deodorant.
I have caught each of them looking up, mesmerized, at the bear mobiles above their swings. I've thought about putting a Cal Bears sign in the middle of each of the mobiles.
Henry often sleeps through the night -- as in, 8 hours at a time. Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. He's putting on weight like a champ, so I'm not too worried about the lack of feeding at night.
Joel's peach fuzz on top is getting longer, while Henry seems to be losing some of his hair and has intense "cradle cap".
Sometimes we'll hear a sort of clicking sound when Joel is asleep. When we look at him, his tongue is just a little bit out and he is sucking as if he's drinking a bottle in his sleep.
Each boy is getting better at holding his head up, although they are also really good at smacking it against the shoulder or collar bone of whoever is holding them.
I think they recognize their parents. Or at least that we are people.
They will look at us when we are right next to them, and will follow us
with their eyes when we walk out of the room. Unless they're looking at
the bears.
I love hearing about your boys! Can't wait to meet them :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! And hooray that Joel is putting on weight and doesn't need the tube! I love the smell of Sean's deodorant, so it wouldn't surprise me if that is why Joel sticks his head in Ben's armpit. But you should tell him that he will get to wear deodorant in good time and not to want to grow up too fast...
ReplyDeleteGo Bears!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the collarbone move. I thought Trevor was going to crack mine with his huge noggin.
ReplyDelete