Monday, April 15, 2013

Picnic

On the last Sunday in March, four years ago, Ben and I went on a picnic near Lafayette Reservoir. I remember the idea being initially floated (by me) as a group activity, but in the end, it was just Ben and me. It could be considered our first date*.

About four years (and exactly two babies) later, we went back for another picnic. It was a great afternoon.

It was a hike down and back, but we made it
The valley was SO green
Oh, how I love these boys
Joel kept sliding down the blanket, but had a good attitude anyway
All my favorite boys

Me and Big Red
Did I mention it was beautiful?
Henry had a good time chewing on the grass
We tried a few times - this was our best family shot
*The other contender for first date would be the one where he called me on a Thursday night at the beginning of April to ask me if I had any plans on Saturday eveningu; we went for Barney's Gourmet hamburgers and stargazing on the coast.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. How cute!

    I die (in a good way) when I see pictures of you you guys. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute! And so fun! Wish we lived closer so we could have come too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading these updates. I may have to steal your picture of the hills. That will always be home to me. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete